Monday, June 11, 2007

Lap of Fear

We have a lot of amusing anecdotes to share from this race. Given our disorganized nature, they will appear on this blog non-sequentially and perhaps without sufficient context. Bear with us please. Some of us were drinking a bit much through all of this (see picture).

The Earthlings raced four laps each at Laguna Seca. My final lap occurred at about 4AM in the morning. At this point, I was dead tired and cranking up the hills on my singlespeed had reduced my leg muscles to quivering balloons of lactic acid. So when I approached one tricky descent about 1/3 of the way into the lap, I let my concentration lapse and tumbled off the trail where my bike lay on top of me. I twisted my ankle pretty badly and thought to myself: oh this is great... I can't even walk back now. So I waited a few minutes, contemplated my options, sucked it up and kept riding.

This was definitely the strangest lap. I was half awake and the nighttime brought enough critters near the trail that I started to wonder if I was hallucinating them. I witnessed a snake, rabbit, countless beetles and I think I saw a bobcat. But eventually I made it back to the finish and collapsed into my tent for the night.

6 comments:

Gurpreet said...

nice blog

Rob Halford said...

Yeah it's cool... :)

Anonymous said...

thanks...
Kız Oyunları - Kral Oyun - Barbie Oyunları - Barbi Oyunları - Araba Oyunları - Çocuk Oyunları - Komik Oyunlar - Yarış Oyunları - Sue Oyunları - Zeka Oyunları - Savaş Oyunları - Macera Oyunları - Bratz Oyunları - Spor Oyunları - Kağıt Oyunları - Klasik Oyunlar - Multiplayer Oyunlar - Aksiyon Oyunları - Kral Oyun - Kız Oyunları - Dress Up Games - Dress Up Games - Dress Up Games - Toplist - web tasarım - manavgat - themes - arkadaşlık - Kral Oyun - Kız Oyunları

eda said...

買煙火,製造浪漫煙火小舖,101煙火,煙火小舖,煙火,仙女棒,沖天炮,勝利之花,甩炮,升空煙火,情趣用品,情趣,衣蝶情趣精品百貨,情趣用品衣蝶情趣,自慰套,飛機杯,充氣娃娃,AV女優,AV,電動按摩棒,按摩棒,G點,調情棒,後庭拉珠棒,跳蛋,變頻跳蛋,有線跳蛋,無線跳蛋,潤滑液,男女穿戴用品,穿戴用品,情趣內衣,性感內衣,情趣跳蛋,角色扮演,情趣角色扮演,丁字褲,情趣內褲,性感內褲,性感吊帶襪,網襪,性感網襪,T字褲,煙火批發,情趣禮品,情趣用品

Anonymous said...

Magento Themes
Magento Extensions
Virtuemart Extensions
Virtuemart Templates
One Page Checkout Virtuemart
Magento One Step Checkout

三重古天樂 said...

酒店經紀 酒店小姐 酒店經紀公司
台北酒店工作 台北酒店經紀人 酒店兼差 酒店兼職 酒店公關 酒店上班 台北酒店上班 酒店打工 酒店工作內容 酒店pt 台北酒店 便服店 禮服店 酒店 酒店工作 酒店上班時間 酒店上班薪水 酒店上班內容 現領 當日領
打工兼職 打工兼差 酒店營業時間
酒店經濟 酒店面試

酒店經紀 酒店打工 酒店工作 酒店上班 酒店兼差 酒店兼職 打工兼差 打工兼職 台北酒店 酒店應徵 禮服店 酒店 經紀 打工 兼差便服店 台北酒店經紀 酒店薪水 酒店工作內容 酒店時間 酒店經濟 美式餐廳 台北咖啡廳 永康街咖啡廳
2015/08/26